Sunday, December 21, 2008

Women!

As I sit here with Matt talking and pondering life's mysteries, my mind is brought down to the depths of the female mind and its workings. Since the world began, and as long as I can remember, women have played a large role in our lives. They are our Mothers, our Sisters, our friends, and as we come to the point of life known to some as the quarter-life crisis, some of our female counterparts become potential partners for serious Courtship and/or Marriage. I myself am in my 24th year. This, in effect, makes me part of the group expected to settle down with a lovely young lady. As Matt and myself, along with many young men, are thus expected to find and marry one of these beautiful creatures, we have come to ask ourselves: Why is it such a complicated thing? What in the female mind causes them to become so incomprehensible? As Matt says, "I just want someone to love. Someone who will show that same love back to me." I believe that any a young searching man has felt this same desire. To have "Somebody to love." This cited, I raise again the question: Why so complicated? How can something so beautiful and pleasant become at times so irritating and confusing? I do not call the mere female irritating, but rather her way of thinking. The form of thinking which causes even the most sensible of young Men to become crazy, almost to the point of losing their most powerful organ: the mind! As we reflect on the unexpected and mentally confounding things that the women in our lives have done, may God grant us the intelligence to somehow be elevated to a same level of understanding so as to allow us to find that special someone: That woman who is not only ready to be loved, but who is wiling to give back that same love. Thus, may we come to be one in this divided world.